Not Another Statistics Post

According to the 2000 Census for the cities of Coeur d'Alene, Post Falls, and Hayden combined there were:
  • 1,790 Single Moms
  • 1,326 Households living below the poverty line
  • 5,833 Households of married couples living with children
  • 2,433 Seniors 65+ living alone
  • 6,138 Divorced (661 Separated)
  • 423 Grandparents caring for their grandkids
According to another report there are 644 homeless people in our county.

In contemplating Christ's command to "love your neighbor" I've been doing a little research to better understand who my neighbors are. I know these statistics don't really tell me who these people around me are, but it is a place to start when I pray for my community. Instead of just praying, "Lord help all those people out there," I can pray for the 1,790 single moms who I know are facing difficult daily issues or the 2,433 seniors or live their days without much human contact.

Please join me in praying for our community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Workspace