2010 (Its Pronounced "Twenty Ten")

What is our ministry going to look like in 2010?  Many of you who read these updates are either financial or prayer supporters of our work through Globe Outreach in North Idaho.  I hope that's a big deal for you.  Its a big deal for us.  To know that people are willing to give and pray in order to make our work possible is a humbling thing.  To be honest I don't always think about that.  I don't wake up every morning thinking, "What will FBC Houston (or whoever) do today through me?"  But that is really what is going on.  When Jana and I are here being obedient to God, working for his Kingdom, everyone who prays for us is playing a part in that work.  That is humbling, but it is also a relief.  It is a relief to know that it is not about me.  If it were about me I would be anxious to prove myself to the world.  I would be frantic to justify my faith with results.  I would desperately need to know that I was responsible for producing something.

But the truth is I am one man holding my section of the rope.  Next to me is my wife.  Beside her is our church, our family, our supporters.  Beyond that is a long line of Christians who have gone before us doing their part in obedience to the King.  When God says, "Pull!" we all give a tug, and He advances.  We are all in this situation and dependence on one another reminds us of that.

So what will we be doing in 2010?  Lots of stuff I hope.  Most of all we will be adding a new member to our family.  That is going to take up a lot of our time.  Our ministry to our children is our first priority.  Also, I've been praying about how we can have an impact on the local college campus.  I've started meeting with two other ministers from the area twice a week down at the college to meet students, pray, and discuss how God might be working there.  NorthStar is seeking God's direction for what's next, and there is a lot of work to be done there.  We want to see the small group ministry start to grow in numbers and depth.  We want to expand our children's ministry to offer more to kids and parents.  We want to find ways to increase our impact on the culture of North Idaho.

There are so many possibilities for this year, and we can't wait to see what God will do.  Thanks for sticking with us in 2010.  Please continue to pray for the Sandersons, and while you're at it let us know how we can pray for you too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Workspace