Summer Happenings

Well, now that the hubaloo over the baby's birth is dying down a modicum, I wanted to let you know some other things that have been happening.

The Magees were able to go to Equip Conference where they gathered together with people from all over Utah and Idaho to learn about new ways of doing church. They also detoured on their way home for some much-needed family vacation time.

As a result I had the opportunity to lead worship at NorthStar. Not necessarily in my comfort zone, but God seems to enjoy constantly challenging me in a variety of areas. I recruited one of our youth to help me, and we had a great time.

This past week NorthStar provided a Back Yard Bible Club for the local Children's Village. The Children's village is a transitional home for children in foster care. This is a first for us. Everything went very well. We didn't have a large number of children, but they were very appreciative of the love we showed them. It was clear each day, especially the last, that they did not want us to leave. I have to admit it was kind of hard for me to leave them.

Also, our missionary is on the field. I may have mentioned that we have a young lady from NorthStar who has surrendered to serve a two-year assignment as a Journeyman in South Asia. She has made it safely and is getting settled into her new job.

Prayer needs
  • THE PASTOR SEARCH PROCESS.
  • Bennett as he preaches almost every week
  • Jana as she adjusts to being a mom
  • The youth group. Summer is a hard time to stay connected and involved.
  • Church attendance. We always struggle with low attendance in the summer. Pray that the commitment, energy and attitude (not to mention the giving) of our people will stay high.
  • New prospects
  • Hurting families
  • Preparation for the Fall (with or without a pastor!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Workspace