Change in the weather

The weather is finally good. And by "good" I mean AMAZING. The snow can still be seen on the mountains surrounding us, but the memory of it down in the valley has all melted away. Everything is green, pink, white, and yellow. People are walking out into their yards squinting up at the sun wondering if it really is safe to come outside in shorts yet.

There was a time when it was hard to imagine it ever being warm or sunny here. When there are five feet of snow in your yard it is difficult to see yourself washing your truck in your driveway barefoot.

But now that the SUN has come all the darkness fades away like a dream upon waking. In fact when I look back at my doubts about winter never coming to an end I have to laugh at myself. Of course summer is coming. How could I have ever thought other wise? The dread I felt at facing more days of shivering snow seems like nothing in comparison to the joy I feel at the sun and warmth of spring.

That's how "good things" are. The better they are the more like that they are. They don't only replace bad things, they tend to make the memory of those things less painful. I think that's how we can know if we've experienced God. Even the painful things we go through because of our faith result in a better, richer, deeper fullness on the other side. Some pain we go through needlessly, but things suffered or endured or attempted for Christ will result in a true and everlasting spring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Workspace